ASTA announced today the details of its International Destination Expo 2008 Castle Sweepstakes. The International Destination Expo (IDE) will take place April 12-16, in Lyon, France. Travel agents who register by Jan. 31 for IDE will automatically be entered to win a complimentary stay in a lavish French castle, courtesy of Grandes Etapes Francaises.
“Regardless of where the lucky winner decides to stay, he or she will always remember the experience,” said Cheryl Hudak, CTC, ASTA president and CEO. “These castles and chateaus exude such historic charm and beauty that the winner will undoubtedly wish for a longer stay.”
The winner will receive a one-night stay for two in a superior category room, two aperitifs, two full-course dinners and two full-course breakfasts in their castle or chateau of choice. There are 10 castles and chateaus to choose from and each establishment delivers the prestige of Europe’s definitive culture and delectable cuisines.
• The Château d’Esclimont – www.esclimont.com – is a renaissance-style hotel located less than one hour from Paris and is nestled between Versailles and Chartres.
• Château d’Artigny – www.artigny.com – is the former chateau of Francois Coty, the world-renowned perfumer.
• Domaine de Beauvois – www.beauvois.com – features a cozy atmosphere. Jazz cocktails and literary teas are just two of the social events hosted by the manor.
• Guests staying at the Château d’Isenbourg – www.isenbourg.com – will appreciate its 14th-century vaulted dining room and numerous themed evenings.
• Le Prieuré – www.prieure.com – offers guests magnificent, panoramic views from its restaurant and terraces.
• Le Mas d’Artigny & Spa – www.mas-artigny.com – is conveniently located just 15 minutes from Nice and a trip to the spa will complete any guest’s visit.
• Experience the 19th-century charm of the Le Château de Divonne – www.chateau-divonne.com – and its location; Geneva and its airport are a mere 15 minutes away.
• The terraces of Château de l’Ile – www.chateau-ile.com – rest on the bank of the Ill River and provide stunning views that aren’t to be missed.
• Le Choiseul, – www.choiseul.com – its Italian-style gardens and panoramic view over the Loire River will delight every guest.
• Château de Gilly – www.chateau-gilly.com – is the former home of Cistercian monks.
“For over 50 years the 4-star Chateau-Hotels of Grandes Etapes Francaises have been welcoming guests from around the world in “royal” style,” said Stephen Winter, director of Sales and Marketing for Grandes Etapes Francaises. “While in France, I encourage interested IDE delegates to visit any of our hotels and discover what makes us so unique.”
The 2008 IDE is a unique expo designed to teach travel professionals all there is to know about French and Western European niche travel. ASTA’s one-of-a-kind show will feature in-depth educational courses and seminars on niche travel such as: honeymoon, rail, mature adult, soft adventure, gastronomy and river and barge cruising. Interested attendees can also use this time to earn up to five new niche travel certifications. Attendees will have the opportunity to meet with a representative from Grandes Etapes Francaises (booth 1308) during IDE to learn more about this company and its hotels. For additional information on the International Destination Expo 2008 Castles Sweepstakes, please read the Rules & Regulations.
*No purchase is required to enter into the sweepstakes. This offer is void where prohibited.
Die Mission der American Society of Travel Agents (ASTA) ist es, den Verkauf von Reisen durch effektive Vertretung, gemeinsames Wissen und die Verbesserung der Professionalität zu erleichtern. ASTA sucht einen profitablen und wachsenden Einzelhandelsreisemarkt und ein lohnendes Feld, in dem man arbeiten, investieren und Geschäfte machen kann.